The Laredo School of Contemporary Dance (LSCD) opened its doors August 2011 to serve as a resource for dancers in Laredo and surrounding areas. At LSCD we strive to provide students with a creative learning atmosphere that will nurture well-rounded dancers. We are committed to maintaining high-quality dance training standards and providing students of all ages with the skills, discipline, and ethic needed to succeed in the field of dance.
• Students should be taught by faculty with professional experience as performers, educators, and/or choreographers.
• Curriculum-based instruction is key to proper technical growth.
• Early exposure to dance is important.
• Dance cultivates the whole child (physical, mental, artistic, social).
• The future of dance is rooted in both knowledge and appreciation of dance.
• Through self-discipline, dedication, and constructive criticism, students gain body awareness, creativity, and heightened self-esteem, as well as achieve maximum fitness.
OUR GOALS ARE…
To maintain high dance education and training standards in order to help students succeed in the field of dance.
Provide pre-professional level training by qualified dance professionals with degrees in dance, ballet and contemporary dance certifications, and/or professional dance experience
To provide curriculum-based programming.
To provide a unique student experience.
FIRST CLASS FREE!
New students welcome!!! Try one of our many course offerings.
REGISTRATION OPEN for CURRENT & NEW students (ages 18mos-adult)!
Check out our Summer and 2023-2024 School Year Schedule!